Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities
Under a new audit framework effective from 1st April 2017, established by the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, parish councils such as Stevington with an anual turnover not exceeding £25,000 will be exempt from external audit. Instead we will be subject to a Transparency Code to enable local electors to access the relevant information about our accounts and governance.
The information which we must publish is as follows:-
- A list of all items of expenditure above £100 - please note that the date the expenditure was incurred must be used not the date payment was made
- End of year accounts as set out in our annual return
- End of year bank reconciliation
- An explanation of significant variances between the current year and the previous year
- Annual governance statement as set out in our annual return
- Internal audit report as set out in our annual return
- List of councillor responsibilities i.e. whether they are the chair, vice chair or member of the parish council or any other public body to which they have been appointed as the parish councils representative
- Details of public land and building assets
- Minutes, agendas and papers of formal meetings - draft minutes to be published not later than one month after the meeting has taken place.
A folder containing the above has been created. Please go to the 'Agendas Meetings and Minutes' page and then click on the folder entitled "Information required to meet the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities". Please note that agendas, minutes and papers of our meetings are available on the "Agendas, Minutes and Meetings" page. In the past we have only ever published agreed minutes but we will, in accordance with the Code, now publish draft minutes within one month of the meeting - these will be clearly marked "Draft". Once they have been agreed the draft minutes will be replaced with the agreed minutes. Agendas will be published, as they are now, three clear days before the meeting.
Information will, in accordance with the Code, be available before 1st July each year.